We match WIC and Senior FMNP coupons. Take them to a vendor selling eligible products and you can spend double the amount of the coupons. We reimburse the vendor for the match.
We also match SNAP benefits up to $25. Here’s how it works:
- Take your SNAP card to the Market Manager’s tent.
- The manager will swipe your card in the card reader, and the amount you specify is deducted from your account.
- The manager will then give you certificates to shop with. You get certificates for twice the amount that was deducted from your account, up to $25 per day, while matching funds are available.
- You may use the certificates on any SNAP-approved items. There’s plenty of produce, meat, fish, cheese, bread and more.
- Example: If you planned to spend $10, your account is debited for $10, and we’ll double that and give you certificates worth $20 to spend at our Market!
- Get full details at the Market Managers’ tent at the Belmont Farmers’ Market.
Matching funds have come from generous donations and grants. We’ve matched these amounts:
Many other farmers’ markets accept and match SNAP benefits. We have a list of local markets, and you can check each market for its rules.
Applying for SNAP and what you can use it for
SNAP, formerly Food Stamps, is a federal program run by the Mass. Department of Transitional Assistance. SNAP means “Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program”.
Help us fund programs like these
The Belmont Food Collaborative is the parent organization of the Market. BFC funds this program partly with donations from members of the community. Make a tax-deductible donation to the Belmont Food Collaborative to help our outreach programs.