Check each market’s Web site for exact times and locations before you visit (especially around holidays). Many accept and match SNAP benefits (we do!). This is the 2016 list still…
Summer farmers’ markets in the area
- Allston/Harvard University: Fridays, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Farmers’ Market at the Harvard Ed Portal: 224 Western Avenue.
- Arlington Center: Wednesdays, 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm. Arlington Center, in the Russell Common parking lot, behind Park Terrace, just off of Rte. 60/Rte 30.
- Boston (Copley Square): Tuesdays and Fridays 11:00am to 6:00pm. Copley Square, 139 St. James Ave.
- Boston (Dewey Square): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 am – 6:30 pm, across from South Station.
- Boston (Boston Public Market on the Greenway): Monday – Saturday, 8am – 8pm, Sunday 10am – 8pm. 136 Blackstone St., Boston.
- Boston (SoWa Open Market): Saturdays & Sundays, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, 460 Harrison Ave.
- Brookline: Thursdays, 1:30 pm until 6:00 pm. Centre Street West Parking Lot.
- Cambridge (Cambridge Center): Wednesdays, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Main St., near the Kendall/MIT T station.
- Cambridge (Central Square): Mondays, 12 noon – 6 p.m. Parking lot, Bishop Allen Dr. and Norfolk St.
- Cambridge (Charles Hotel courtyard): Fridays, 12 noon – 6 p.m. Sundays, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Charles Hotel courtyard, Harvard Square.
- Cambridge (Cambridgeport): Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Morse School Parking lot, 40 Granite St., near Memorial Drive.
- Cambridge (Harvard University): Tuesdays, Noon – 6 p.m. Science Center plaza: Corner of Oxford and Kirkland St., next to Memorial Hall in Harvard Yard.
- Cambridge (Kendall Square): Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. 350 Kendall St., Kendall Square.
- Lexington Center: Tuesdays from 2:00 – 6:30. Corner of Massachusetts Ave. and Woburn St.
- Newton (Elm St., West Newton): Saturdays: 10 am to 2:00 pm. Elm St., West Newton.
- Newton (New Cold Spring Park): Tuesdays: 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm. New Cold Spring Park, 1200 Beacon St.
- Mass Pike: Many Pike exits have Farmers’ Markets. See the Mass DOT page for details (in a PDF file).
- Revere: Fridays, 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm. 249 Broadway, Revere.
- Somerville (Davis Square): Wednesdays, Noon – 6:00 pm. Corner of Day and Herbert Streets.
- Somerville (Union Square): Saturdays, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Union Square Plaza, where Prospect St, Washington St, and Somerville Ave meet.
- Waltham: Saturdays, 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. Clark Government Building, 119 School Street at Lexington Street.
- Watertown: Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Arsenal on the Charles, Kingsbury Ave.
- Winchester: Saturdays, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm. Town common between Laraway Rd, Church St, and Waterfield Rd.
Winter farmers’ markets in the area
We’ll update this again in the fall of 2017