Check each market’s Web site for exact times and locations before you visit (especially around holidays). Many accept and match SNAP benefits and have vendors in the HIP program.
Winter farmers’ markets in the area
We’ll add information about SNAP matching and HIP when we find out about it at a particular market.
- Boston Public Market, 136 Blackstone St, Boston: Above the Haymarket T station with the Green and Orange lines, not too far from North Station, parking available: Daily.
- Brookline, The Arcade, 318 Harvard St. Sundays, 11:00 AM 3:00 PM, Sundays, starts Nov 19, 2017 to March 25, 2018.
- Cambridge, Cambridge Community Center near Central Square, 5 Callender Street: Saturdays 10am-2pm. January 6th-April 7th, 2018. HIP vendors & SNAP matching up to $15.
- Cambridge, Charles Hotel Harvard Square: Fridays (noon to 6pm) and Sundays (10am to 3pm). Open all year-round. SNAP & HIP vendors.
- Dorchester, Codman Square Great Hall: Saturdays, January 25 2017 – March 25 2018, 10am to 1pm. HIP vendors and SNAP matching.
- Easton Winter Farmers’ Market, Oakes Ames Memorial Hall, 3 Barrows St: Saturdays, 10am – 2pm, November 4, 2017 – May 19, 2018.
- Lexington, The Waldorf School, 739 Massachusetts Ave. 11:00 – 2:00 pm, every other Saturday (January 6 & 20, February 3 & 17, March 3, 17, & 31, April 14 & 28).
- Natick Winter Farmers’ Market (Common Street Cultural Center, 13 Common St, Natick): Saturdays, 9am – 1pm.
- Somerville Winter Market, 191 Highland Ave: December 2- April 14, 2017. Saturdays, 9:30am – 2pm, December 2- April 14th.
- Wayland, Russell’s Garden Center, 397 Boston Post Rd: January 6th – March 10, Saturdays, 10am – 2pm. HIP vendors.
- Winchester, Mahoney’s Rocky Ledge Nursery, 242 Cambridge St, Winchester: Saturdays, 10am – 2pm. Starts Jan 14, 2018.
Summer farmers’ markets in the area
- Allston/Harvard University: Fridays, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Farmers’ Market at the Harvard Ed Portal: 224 Western Avenue.
- Arlington Center: Wednesdays, 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm. Arlington Center, in the Russell Common parking lot, behind Park Terrace, just off of Rte. 60/Rte 30.
- Boston (Copley Square): Tuesdays and Fridays 11:00am to 6:00pm. Copley Square, 139 St. James Ave.
- Boston (Dewey Square): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 am – 6:30 pm, across from South Station.
- Boston (Boston Public Market on the Greenway): Monday – Saturday, 8am – 8pm, Sunday 10am – 8pm. 136 Blackstone St., Boston.
- Boston (SoWa Open Market): Saturdays & Sundays, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, 460 Harrison Ave.
- Brookline: Thursdays, 1:30 pm until 6:00 pm. Centre Street West Parking Lot.
- Cambridge (Cambridge Center): Wednesdays, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Main St., near the Kendall/MIT T station.
- Cambridge (Central Square): Mondays, 12 noon – 6 p.m. Parking lot, Bishop Allen Dr. and Norfolk St.
- Cambridge (Charles Hotel courtyard): Fridays, 12 noon – 6 p.m. Sundays, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Charles Hotel courtyard, Harvard Square.
- Cambridge (Cambridgeport): Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Morse School Parking lot, 40 Granite St., near Memorial Drive.
- Cambridge (Harvard University): Tuesdays, Noon – 6 p.m. Science Center plaza: Corner of Oxford and Kirkland St., next to Memorial Hall in Harvard Yard.
- Cambridge (Kendall Square): Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. 350 Kendall St., Kendall Square.
- Lexington Center: Tuesdays from 2:00 – 6:30. Corner of Massachusetts Ave. and Woburn St.
- Newton (Elm St., West Newton): Saturdays: 10 am to 2:00 pm. Elm St., West Newton.
- Newton (New Cold Spring Park): Tuesdays: 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm. New Cold Spring Park, 1200 Beacon St.
- Mass Pike: Many Pike exits have Farmers’ Markets. See the Mass DOT page for details (in a PDF file).
- Revere: Fridays, 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm. 249 Broadway, Revere.
- Somerville (Davis Square): Wednesdays, Noon – 6:00 pm. Corner of Day and Herbert Streets.
- Somerville (Union Square): Saturdays, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Union Square Plaza, where Prospect St, Washington St, and Somerville Ave meet.
- Waltham: Saturdays, 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. Clark Government Building, 119 School Street at Lexington Street.
- Watertown: Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Arsenal on the Charles, Kingsbury Ave.
- Winchester: Saturdays, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm. Town common between Laraway Rd, Church St, and Waterfield Rd.